Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Interesting tidbit

In addition to posting recipes and book recommendations I will be giving you a piece of knowledge which may not be immediately useful but may come in handy on a quiz show down the road. Take it for what its worth but I have a lot of trivia hanging out in my head and I am always on the look out for more.

When I was slogging through my college days I had quite a bit on my plate. I was working full time and attending school full time. We were expecting our first child and I had some responsibilities at our local congregation. It was 9:00 at night and I had just finished some homework. I logged in to my online class portal and looked at the calendar. With the weight of the pounding ocean surf came the realization that I had missed the time frame for my last final exam. I panicked, started meltdown mode, and cried out in anguish "I can tell you the average length of a whale shark but cant remember to take a stinking test!!" Yes, it was as melodramatic as it sounds. My wife stifled a chuckle and tried to console me. It ended up working out in the end, my professor opened up the final for me to take and I learned a valuable lesson. I quickly forgot the lesson, but I still remember how long a whale shark is.

So,
 For Your Information:

Whale Shark:
Scientific Name: Rhincodon typus
Life Span: 70 years 
Length: 41.5 Feet (longest on record but many belive there are longer whale sharks out there.)
Weight: 47,000 lbs or 21.5 Metric Tons
Diet: Plankton

This shark is the largest invertebrate animal in the world. They prefer tropical climates and are pretty docile fish. They are listed as endangered, like long walks, and poetry. If you are nice they may let you hitch a ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment